Airedale Terrier Dog Breed Facts
Among the most versatile of terriers, the Airedale is playful, adventurous and bold; it is a sparkling yet protecting companion.
They are intelligent, often headstrong and stubborn. Some can be overbearing but most are submissive, responsive and reliable to their owner’s years.
It makes them good domestic dogs as long as get daily physical and mental stimulation. They like to be the head dog and various not do well when another dog challenges that position.
They usually get along well with small dogs. Airedales are neat, long-legged and upstanding terrier, not overstated in any way.
They have strong round bones and multiple agility and strength enabling them to hunt even tough games. Their jaws are strong and punishing.
Their gait is free. The coat is dense, hard and wiry lies close and straight, with some hair waving and crinkling.
Airedales are the largest of all terriers indeed and often known as “The King of Terriers”. This breed of terrier group dogs was originated in the “Aire” Valley of Yorkshire.
The purpose of their production was to catch rats and otters in region in between the Wharfe and Aire Rivers.
They were primarily used as vermin hunter, war time guard during World-War-II and the police dog also.
In present days, these are the prime companion dogs but there are still working lines out there.
Some the talent of this breed’s are watchdog, guarding, rodent control, hunting, military work, tracking, competitive obedience and police work.
Airedale Terrier Dog Breed Temperament
Airedale terriers are energetic and lively terriers that have tendency to be domineering dog as well as the leader in their family if not properly trained or socialize.
They are exceptionally intelligent and most quickly learn commands. These are very good family dogs that interact well with kids of all ages. Since, they are too large to teach not to be excessively possessive of food or toys.
Teach children to regard this great dog to retain harmony in home.
It is necessary to buy an Airedale terrier from a stock breeder that starts early socialization and might give information on the tendencies of the breed.
Whereas a superb obedience dog once trained, they’re not continually a good selection for a primary time dog owner that desires to lift a dog from a puppy.
An Airedale from a batch that’s already trained and has learned the fundamentals could also be a far better selection.
Airedale Terrier will learn to induce in conjunction with different pets though some merely have difficulty living within the same house with other non-canine pets.
Puppies are typically additional wary of cats than mature dogs that haven’t had cats within the house.
The Airedales are going to be a decent companion dog to a non-dominant breed however two dominant kind breeds can fight.
Spaying and neutering and selecting a companion dog of the opposite gender that’s also spayed or neutered is that the absolute best choice.
Owner Should Know About This Breed
- Airedales same as all Terriers, have a natural leaning for chasing small animals, digging, and barking.
- Another favorite habit of Airedale is Chewing. They chew anything, so when you are away from home they must be left in a crate or secure kennel with sturdy toys.
- Airedale is a self-determining dog but take pleasure being a family member.
- When inside with his owners may be happiest but it not meant to be a backyard dog.
- Airedales being very good with children are tenderly steadfast babysitters. However, dogs and children must never be left without supervision.
- Grooming is necessary, a plan paying professional groomer is best to learn to groom your Airedale yourself.
- Training and socialization is vital to tame the Airedale Terrier appropriate dog styles. If they are not used to other dogs and people, they can be querulous.
- Being a vigorous working dog, the Airedale Terrier requires daily exercise. In general, they stay active and complete vigor throughout the life. They‘re not suited to apartment life, and requires a home with a large, fenced yard.
Airedale Terrier Dog Breed Information
|Other Name||Waterside Terrier, Irish Red Terrier, Bingley Terrier|
|Life Cycle||11-13 years|
|Character||Friendly, Confident, Alert, Brave, Intelligent, Fearless|
Female: 50-64 pound
|Color||Black & Tan, Dark grizzle saddle head, Black, white mix with gray|
|Average price||700 US$|
Airedale Terrier Dog Breed Characteristics
|Good with Kids||★ ★ ★ ★ ☆|
|Child Friendly||★ ★ ★ ★ ★|
|Cat Friendly||★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆|
|Dog Friendly||★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆|
|Trainability||★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆|
|Shedding||★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆|
|Watchdog||★ ★ ★ ★ ★|
|Intelligence||★ ★ ★ ★ ☆|
|Grooming||★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆|
|Popularity||★ ★ ★ ★ ☆|
|Adaptability||★ ★ ★ ★ ★|